2017 Board of Director Open Seat Nominations
We are currently accepting nominations for an open seat for the Maumelle Area Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors. This term will begin June 2017 and will serve a Two Year Term ending in December 2019.The Board of Directors meet on the Second Wednesday of each month and each Director is expected to attend all meetings in accordance with the by-laws. In addition, they must be in communication with the general membership of the Chamber in order to be truly representative of their concerns.
Specifically the Board shall carry out the following duties:
• Understand the Chamber’s mission and carry out functions of the office of Director as stated in the by-laws
• Accept overall responsibility, as well as legal responsibility, for the Chamber.
• Meet as required by the by-laws, and follow a system of parliamentary procedure in these meetings.
• Determine the goals of the Chamber by monitoring and evaluating all programs and updating and developing plans.
• Represent the organization to the community and interpret community needs to the Chamber.
• Develop, oversee and monitor the operating budget and identify and obtain funds for the Chamber.
• Establish a dues structure to support the budget.
• Provide adequate facilities and equipment for Chamber operations.
• Elect officers in accordance with the by-laws.
• Fill all Board vacancies in a timely manner.
• Recommend and approve changes to the by-laws.
• Hire and annually evaluate the Executive Director.
All applications must include Resume and be sent in before Friday, April 21, 2017. Please send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information or to fill out an application please CLICK HERE